12/30/07

e. eyore cummings


4 comments:

xola said...

Eeyore is apparently able to write, or at least recognize letters such as the letter A that he teaches to Piglet in the fifth chapter of The House at Pooh Corner.

He spells his own name "eoR" when signing the "rissolution" that the animals give to Christopher Robin as a farewell present in the final chapter of The House at Pooh Corner.

Eeyore also wrote the awkwardly-rhymed poem called, "POEM", which appeared on the "rissolution", making him the only character in the Winnie-the-Pooh books other than Pooh himself who attempts to write poetry!

I had no idea!!!

ji said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ji said...

A Poem by Eeyore

Christopher Robin is going.
At least I think he is--
Where?
Nobody knows.
But he is going--
I mean he goes
(To rhyme with "knows")
Do we care?
(To rhyme with "where")
We do
Very much

(I haven't got a rhyme for that
"is" in the second line yet.
Bother.)
(Now I haven't got a rhyme for
bother. Bother.)
Those two bothers will have
to rhyme with each other
Buther.
The fact is this is more
difficult
than I thought,
I ought--
(Very good indeed) -eoR

Anonymous said...

e-HA